Sections of Interstate 10 will be narrowed in the Goodyear and Buckeye areas this weekend for pavement improvement work. A portion of westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) in Mesa also will be closed for rubberized asphalt paving. The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends drivers allow extra travel time, use caution and consider alternate routes while the following scheduled restrictions are in place:
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Verrado Way and Watson Road in Buckeye from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3) for resurfacing. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely approaching the work zone. Note: Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Verrado Way closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 1). Westbound I-10 off- and on-ramps at Watson Road closed from 10 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3). Please use alternate routes, including Yuma Road, to access other ramps in area.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane in areas between Perryville Road and Estrella Parkway in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3) for rubberized asphalt paving. Eastbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 closed. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Perryville Road and off-ramp at Citrus Road closed. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes, including other nearby on- or off-ramps.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between McDowell and Greenfield roads in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3) for rubberized asphalt paving. DETOUR: Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) is alternate freeway route. Local traffic approaching the closure will detour on westbound McDowell Road.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) on-ramp at Shea Boulevard closed from 10 a.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3) for concrete-replacement work. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including entering northbound Loop 101 via on-ramps at 90th Street or Cactus Road.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) narrowed to two lanes near Chaparral Road from 1 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 1) for pavement repair. DETOUR: Please use caution and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zone.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) off- and on-ramps at Via De Ventura closed from 6 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3) for concrete-replacement work. DETOUR: Please consider other nearby ramps, including those at Indian Bend/Talking Stick Way or 90th Street.
- Northbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Thunderbird Road closed from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 1) for pavement improvements. DETOUR: Consider exiting at Cactus or Greenway roads.
Additional freeway-restriction information will be posted at azdot.gov, under ADOT News. Visit the site to also subscribe to ADOT e-mail updates, including weekend restriction information.
For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions in the Phoenix area and around the state, visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at az511.gov or call 511. Another great way to find out more about ADOT’s projects and programs to improve Arizona’s transportation system is the ADOT Blog at azdot.gov/blog.
ADOT plans and constructs new freeways, additional lanes and other improvements as part of the Regional Transportation Plan for the Maricopa County region. The primary funding source for regional freeway improvements is a half-cent sales tax approved by county voters in 2004. More information about ADOT projects and the regional plan is available at azdot.gov/PhoenixMetro.